Friday, February 16, 2024

Simple "Slide Show Edit" Movie


So, I wasn't going to show this off, but a while back, I decided to try my hand at a little video editing. It's a medium I've never had that much interest in, but I've tinkered with it here and there. I never really had the resources to go all-in on video projects, but as I am occasionally want to do, I decided to make a brief project of seeing what I could cobble together using the very limited means at my disposal.

I had once seen an old movie wherein a narration or dialogue was used over a series of cuts over still images, and the technique was done so well, I almost forgot I wasn't watching something "animated". I always thought that was cool. I've also seen this done with "video comics", where a video is a slide show of cutting between panels while people voice act the lines. Hell, anime does something similar to save budget in a lot of cases, voice acting over either still images or panning shots or very minimal animation. So I thought I would give that style a go, adding a touch of "special effects" with filters. Yes, it's all very sloppy and amateur, but just playing around with the editing was an interesting experiment.

This video was made using a set of images from some old Raven Riley galleries, used GIMP to do some very brief filter effects, used ElevenLabs (an AI-powered Text-to-Speech service) for the voicework, and got several free-to-use sound effects from Freesound and Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment