Friday, September 13, 2024

Tease-O-Gram!


Took me about two and half days straight to get this done! My process here was to break up the animation into a bunch of different project files, animate and render each segment separately, then combine them in a video editor.

Overall, this was a pretty ambitious attempt for me, compared to what I've practiced up to this point. I ended up doing more with the animation than I initially planned. That said, in the interest of not tripling my workload and overtaxing my ability to keep track of every element in the project, I did limit how many elements I ended up animating. If I had a lot more time, physical endurance, and any patience whatsoever, I might have attempted more full-body movements; the guy struggling more, the woman making occasional taps of her foot, etc. But ultimately, better not to bloat the project so much I crash and burn before I'm even a quarter finished. So, better to keep the movements simple and more focused.

Likewise, I know there are line flubs at certain points; just as with typos in a story, some of these you don't catch until you're way further into a project than you'd think. I had to do a lot of going back and correcting errors; at some points, it got to where I would have to redo entire segments to fix something. Ultimately I just had to compromise and accept a few of the flubs and move on.

If I had one complaint about Abode Fresco, other than how it loves to crash and lose your progress on whim (always be saving!), it's that it doesn't have a built-in light pen or glow pen of any sort. Procreate's light pen is perfect for drawing magical effects, and a few other programs have similar, if not as good, glow pens. Not Fresco! Now, you can, of course, try to make a glowline effect through layering and blending modes, but it's a much bigger pain in the ass than just having a good light pen, especially if I was trying to animate it in motion! Ah, well. Fresco does have some funky multi-color brushes, which I used here instead.

Animation seems to be the demon that's got me by the balls right now, but as always, I cannot say with certainty how much more I will do. Truth be told, just this project was a lot, and I can't imagine making a whole mini-movie hand drawn.

As for the video, the idea of a "Tease-o-Gram" didn't occur to me until I was basically done with the animation, and trying to think of some really simple phrases to open and close the scene. Obviously, in the Sex Mage World, almost any woman could just do this sort of thing with a thought, so she'd hardly need to hire another woman to teleport in and do it for it. Maybe in this Sex Mage World, there's more restrictions on the Magic, or maybe only a small percentage of women get it. Or maybe this is just a sexy witch or genie in a different world entirely! Either way, I thought it was a funny idea, a surprise tease-and-edge version of a kiss-o-gram or something.

2 comments:

  1. i love your work your stories your art i am so happy that you created this fantasy world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm glad my work can provide such fun!

      Delete